Front-End Software Engineer
You are applying for a job with MethaneSAT LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Environmental Defense Fund.
Type: Full Time, Regular
Location: Remote – US, Austin, Boston, Boulder, New York, San Francisco, Washington
The Front-End Software Engineer will be critical in the design, build and implementation of the Data Platform UIs, serving an array of audience with different needs, along with internal users working deeply with our dataset.
Working across several organizations, the Front-End Software Engineer will design and write software using best practices that meets the needs of our Data Platform Front-End and our broader project goals.
The Front-End Software Engineer will report directly to the Sr. Engineering Director, Data Products for MethaneSAT, LLC, and will work closely with other MethaneSAT, LLC staff, key contractors, and EDF staff.
- Design and write software to create intuitive UIs and experiences, features and components.
- Collaborate effectively with varied stakeholders to help determine the requirements for several audience-specific initiatives.
- Contribute to the engineering team regarding code quality, best practices, development workflow, test strategy and test coverage.
- Conduct code reviews, bug bashes and design reviews with the team. Research new technologies and work through system issues and bug queue.
- Navigate differing needs and priorities effectively and leverage experience to determine most effective design and recommendations.
- Additional related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. BS in Computer Science or technical discipline preferred.
- Must be a US person (citizen, green card holder). MethaneSAT, LLC is unable to offer employer-based sponsorship for this role at this time.
- 3 years professional software development experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility and scope.
- Demonstrated experience with React, Angular, or other modern framework. Must be willing to use/learn React and Typescript.
- Experience with handling many data points, managing multiple external services in a web client preferred.
- Some back-end development experience preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present your ideas to internal stakeholders are a must.
- Ability to translate complex science and technical information to non-scientists stakeholders
- Strong ability to work independently on a multi-disciplinary team, using independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload;
- Affinity for a fast-paced work environment;
- Respect for economic and cultural diversity and ability or experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated experience leading and collaborating with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
Please answer the 3 technical questions when prompted as part of your application.
MethaneSAT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.